Monday, September 24, 2012

Post Number One

First post in my first blog. There is a lot of pressure to get it right, but I'll try to remain focused on the reason I have decided to create this blog, not the fact that I will be publishing for the entire world to see. Oh crap, now I'm nervous all over again.

Anyway. This blog is called "I have OCD, I'm not OCD." I think the title is quite accurate on two levels. First, in the grammatically correct sense. People always are saying "oh my god, I'm so OCD." Sorry folks, it doesn't work that way. Grammar rules require that you say "I have OCD" not "I am OCD." In another sense, having OCD does not define who I am, nor does it define who anyone is. It is just a facet of our personalities, nothing more! As Eleanor Roosevelt correctly stated "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." True life. Stigmatizing yourself with labels is bullshit!

I've decided to create this blog to connect with other people who have OCD, and to tell a little bit of my story, and give some perspective to other people going through similar things. I am a college student, a friend, a daughter, and also someone who struggles with OCD.

No comments:

Post a Comment